Nothing beats a hearty bowl of tomato soup when one is desiring to take the chill off their bones in the dead of a cold and bitter winter.
This tasty recipe makes a soup that is so delicious that once you try it, you’ll never want to eat soup from a can again!
This recipe is not only quick & easy to make, but it’s very versatile as a basic soup base that you can use to make all sorts of hearty dishes.
If you wish to enjoy a chunkier soup, then add a bit more cream and a small can of petite diced tomatoes. Toss in some chopped celery and you’ll have a tasty dish that is perfect for serving right before dinner.
- 15 Ounces Chicken Broth
- 14 Ounces Crushed Tomatoes Canned concentrated
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Pound Provolone Cheese Shredded
- 2 Fresh Basil Leaves Crushed
- Bring the broth and tomatoes to a simmering state over low to medium heat.
- Stir in the basil & cream and lower heat to where it barely simmers.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, then puree the soup using an immersion blender.
- Serve in a large bowl, topping it off with a bit of the shredded cheese or other garnish of your liking.